Pages

A Beautiful, Shocking and Inspirational CrossFit Story

I started CrossFit when I was 70 years old.  After I retired I spent the next five years developing myself as a couch potato.  Magic happened and I found myself walking into CrossFit in pajamas because I had no workout clothes.  I couldn't do any of the exercises. The (very) patient and (very) knowledgable trainers modified the exercises so I could do them.  I had very little stamina.  I had very little strength.  They encouraged me to keep going anyway.  I was scared.  They cheered me on.  I felt old and out of place.  They loved me and accepted me and were proud of my littlest accomplishment and they cheered me on. 

I got better.  I got stronger.  My stamina and endurance increased.  My cardiologist was impressed by my heartbeat recovery rate.  My blood pressure went down.  I used heavier weights.  I did more repetitions.  My times got better and better.  My friends were impressed by my muscles; just feel my shoulders.  That's from rowing.  And kettle bells. And wall balls.  

I still do not do anything perfectly.  I still can't do what the young hard bodies in my workout group do.  But I do my very best.  And I leave at the end of the hour all sweaty, and happy, and so full of endorphins I do not touch the ground on the way to my car.  And I have grown to love my workout friends and the trainers.  

I am now 73 years old.  How much richer is my life!

For more on Marta, check this out

Leave some love for Marta in the comments below. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Marta! You are such a beautiful and amazing person. An inspiration to all!

    ReplyDelete